Independent Film Fest

Since my pregnancy, I've found great comfort in cozying up in my bed and watching a DVD (to either watch or fall asleep to). Right before the pregnancy, I discovered a wonderful independent film club, Film Movement, which has definitely come in handy. For only $15 a month or so, you get a DVD of an acclaimed independent film in your mailbox, once a month, to keep. And the films have been pretty good so far (I've received 6 films so far). The films come from all over the world, including the US, and tend to be somewhat misty and emotional or melancholy, but still engaging. One night, I settled into bed, our portable DVD player by my side, popped in the latest DVD and was completely shocked when I saw my Mom's name in the credits for casting (The Choking Man)!!! How thrilling!! Check out Film Movement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chasing Culture

Brooklyn In Da House