They're Playing Basketball


The entire cast performed during the NBA All-Star weekend extravaganza. We went on right before the Slam Dunk contest. Our performance, however, was during a commercial break - so no need to get upset that I didn't call anyone, LOL! Vegas really gets into its All-Star festivities. Ads posted along side highrise resorts, easily 30-plus stories in height, go up within hours, it seems. Parties popped all weekend - unfortunately, my winding down from the wedding excitement left us too tired to attend any parties, particularly the Lebron James party, which we heard was slamming! The resorts got into the sporting spirit and were appropriately delegated to opposing sides, with Lady Liberty of New York, New York repping the East, and the MGM's Lion donning West Coast gear. At the All-Star game, I met Kareem Abdul Jabar; he and my mother were childhood friends, so I felt compelled to introduce myself. We also saw Penn & Teller hanging out backstage - my husband met them both and spoke to Teller, who ACTUALLY SPEAKS!!! Very funny. Mary J. Blige performed and we cheered her on as they whisked her past us backstage. And then right down the hall stood Michael Jordan, Julius Irving and Kobe Bryant. The hot item of the weekend was the brand new East/West sneakers from Adidas. Blue for the East and red for the West. Apparently, the sneakers sold out in Vegas in the first hour of sale! They are really cool sneakers - I'd like the blue ones, myself. Size 9, if anyone is reading (see entry, "It's A Gamble", Jan. 17th, 2007). I'm KIDDING, of course. (size 9). (kidding again). Ahem.

I drove again twice - last Sunday at 8am, and last night at 7pm. The Sunday drive was very encouraging, I made a run to Walgreens by myself and did pretty well. Last night's ride...in the words of Borat, "Not so much." It wasn't horrible, per se, but I made someone mad, because I had trouble changing lanes. I think I upped the ante (see, Vegas even colors my vocab) by driving at night, after work, and by going a route I wasn't familiar with. Perhaps I should stick to early morning drives for now. I'll get it one day.

Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chasing Culture

Brooklyn In Da House