Steam Heat

Okay, I felt compelled to jump onto the computer to rave about something that seems so mundane, but I honestly feel like it's one of the best investments I have made here in Vegas - after the Wedding, Brooklyn, and the car, of course. The Bissell QuickSteamer is a wonderful, lightweight gadget that has made the carpet look like new. Trying to housebreak a puppy has been a challenge, to say the least, especially living with a carpet, in a furnished apartment at that. Despite our best efforts, the rug was looking pretty drabby, particularly in the bedroom, which is "Brooklyn central". I just finished steam cleaning in the bedroom, and I am happy to say that the carpet no longer betrays any sign of animal habitation! I was so preoccupied with the condition of the rug, seeing as technically it isn't ours, and because I've found more and more that my physical surroundings have a significant impact on my emotional well-being. Being a Libra, ruled by Venus, aesthetics are important to me; plus my Moon sign is Taurus, also ruled by Venus, and the moon sign rules the emotions, so again, how I feel can depend on how things look around me. Thank you Jeanne Dixon, RIP. And now, with my new QuickSteamer, I will also be able to get a handle on any allergens that may find their way into our carpet. Never thought I would live with a carpet because of my allergies - according to an allergy test involving suffering through twenty-odd needle pricks of various allergens, I am allergic to EVERYTHING: trees, grass, mold, dust, cats, English Plantain (random), cockroach (try saying that, "Sorry, I can't come over, I am allergic to cockroach."), soy, ragweed, shellfish, etc. etc. My arms looked like bubble wrap! But the carpet is quite comfy on the feet (or I guess under the feet), so whatever it takes to keep it looking clean and allergen-free, I am all for it. Now, if I could only make the wall molding look like new; Brooklyn has taken to chewing on EVERYTHING, including the walls!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chasing Culture

Brooklyn In Da House