Wallace and Grovel
Last night I had my first real go at gambling - roulette. A real game of chance that pays big, 35:1. Now, I don't like gambling, I don't like parting with my money, so as many times as I've walked through the casino to cash my check (yes, our payroll cashier is conveniently located in the casino), I've never had the strong desire to place a bet. I watch the numbers flash at each table, and there just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the game, complete chance, and either you are lucky or you are not. But, like I said, if you are lucky, the payoff is nice. That being said, on our way out, after examining the tables for any hint of a pattern, my fiance and I decide that a red number is bound to pop up next at a table flashing a chain of black numbers. The wheel is spinning and I'm in a zone, and for some reason, I decide that I am going to take a risk and part with $20 by placing it on Red 9, my favorite number. Call it an inkling, but I feel confiden...

Comments