That's The Ticket

I was doing a spontaneous organization of my purses this morning, and I decided to gather all the ticket stubs I've kept to all the shows we have seen since we've been here in Vegas. And in doing so, there are two that I don't believe I ever mentioned in writing.

Tower of Power - All I can say is what power!! They were so great, and it was great to see a REAL BAND who were obviously so comfortable with each other and have been playing together for such a long time. Great musicians, great music, old school soul/funk. I hadn't recalled hearing their name when I was little, but I know them now.

House Of Blues Gospel Brunch - This was quite an experience. I was expecting a full-out choir and band, like in the movies, and instead it was more of a small family band with a down-home Southern feel - Uncle So-and-So on the bass, Cousin So-and-So on the drums, etc. Very talented, the entire family, and nice songs. Some of the songs even reminded me of 60's doo-wop, my FAVORITE!! The food was good with a wide variety of breakfast nibbles. A chocolate fountain for dipping fruits and sweets, YUM!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chasing Culture

Brooklyn In Da House