Jiminy Cricket

The cricket is the cockroach of Las Vegas - that is from the perspective of a New Yorker. Crickets are everywhere and somehow they even end up inside, be it the inside of the apartment building or in my apartment - not too often, but nonetheless, sometimes, there they are. And sometimes they are alive and sometimes they aren't, and when they aren't, that makes me nervous - did I unknowingly step on a live cricket with my bare feet? Or perhaps they met their unfortunate fate in the jowls of Brooklyn? At any rate, what is funny about this is that I don't freak out about seeing a cricket in my apartment, as opposed to how I HATE seeing cockroaches indoors, or outdoors for the matter. Cockroaches are nasty whereas crickets are outdoorsy and natural, so I don't have the same aversion to them, which makes NO SENSE at all, both are insects that shouldn't be in anyone's apartment. I guess it's all in the perspective.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chasing Culture

Brooklyn In Da House