Autumn Day

What a nice day out here in Las Vegas! The temperature is moderate, just like Autumn in NY, and the sun is shining intermittently through cloud clusters which make for a nice moody ambience, and there's just enough nip in the air to require a light sweater. I took Brooklyn out for a walk and actually sat down on the bench to enjoy the outdoors, which is unusual for me. Lately my walks have been short and to the point - Brooklyn does her stuff, I head back in. Not today. And it occurred to me that Autumn is my favorite season; something about it makes me so nostalgic. Perhaps because my birthday is in Fall, and the start of school, and Halloween, and candy and cookies and the color orange and the beginning of coats and corduroys, and all that good stuff. Autumn, I think, is more of an adult season that requires an adult sensibility to fully appreciate (I could be wrong). If you asked a kid what their favorite season was, more often than not, the answer wasn't Autumn. Spring, because the weather starts to get warm. Summer, because there's no school and you get to play and swim. Winter because of the Holidays and snow fall and snow days. But Autumn was always going back to school and the start of work, which to a kid probably doesn't signal as much fun as the other seasons. But as an adult, I LOVE AUTUMN, the leaves, the smells, the colors...I love it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chasing Culture

Brooklyn In Da House

C is for cousins, canyons, and chapstick!