Still Here

It has been seven months now since my last posting, and it is only from a nagging sense of letting myself down that I am posting today on this blog. I don't believe that anyone even reads this blog anymore, seeing as I had abandoned it. But not for nothing - I mean, in those seven months I started and completed one blog, and began another...AND I HAD A BABY BOY!!! So, I've been busy. But, I feel I would be remiss if I completely ignored what I started when I moved out here - I am thankful that I will have at least the beginning of my time here in Vegas well documented through this blog.

So, yes, I am still here in Vegas. The show has closed, my husband is consequently on tour in Europe, and I am here in the desert with my baby boy, and sometimes with Brooklyn, who also spends time at her best dog friend's house. I've changed so much since my arrival in this foreign city. I am much more independent, I drive around town, I am managing things on my own with the baby and it feels good. I am definitely missing my husband and the convenient social interaction that the job provided. Simultaneously, and most importantly, I am in absolute bliss in my son's company, he is a true gift, an absolute blessing. It has also been great having Brooklyn around, she loves the baby, even at the expense of sharing the spotlight (or getting squeezed out a bit).

One of my dearest friends out here has moved to another country, and I am really sad, she was a complete life saver during the past six months that I've been on my own here while my husband's been away. Another friend is also moving away, and it just feels like it may really be time to go back East. We were under the impression that the show was going to reopen, but that never panned out. I've been really missing NY lately, but I keep telling myself that I should savor this time, because I know I'm going to get back to NY and start missing things about Vegas - my Xing Lao, of course, the space, the driving, the weather, the laid-back pace, the dog community, the complex, the pools and gym (neither of which I've been taking advantage of at all!). I can't believe that it will be almost three years since we moved out here - time flies.

Comments

CocoTheForce said…
WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Popular posts from this blog

Chasing Culture

Brooklyn In Da House

C is for cousins, canyons, and chapstick!