Weather Or Not

Okay my friends, it is HOT. Upwards of 109 degrees by noon, and still in the high 90's at midnight. And sure, it is a "dry heat", but have you ever thought to turn your oven on, up to about 450, open the door, and then put your entire face inside? Dry heat, right? Yeh, it's about as comfortable as that - dry or not, hot is hot. Brooklyn just melts into the grass during her afternoon walks, which we keep down to a few minutes at most. I think my days of complaining about New York summers are over.

My husband and I just found out that Monsoon season is right around the corner. MONSOON? Apparently, due to a shift in winds from north/northwestern to south/southeastern, combined with the rising temperatures, heavy rainfall washes over the desert, and in a matter of minutes. My cousin told me that in Arizona, they get about 4 feet of rain, enough for her kids to go out and float down the street. I don't remember hearing ANYTHING about monsoons (or "monsoon thunderstorms" as is meteorologically correct) at all when hearing about Las Vegas. But you know, yesterday, I was craving a rainy day - be careful what you wish for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chasing Culture

Brooklyn In Da House