Happy New Year


So, I've left NY and now, I am back in Vegas, and it is nice to be back. And that surprises me a bit - not that I was expecting to dread my return, but I guess I was expecting to be more wrought with angst about leaving NY on a one-way ticket. When the plane was landing in Vegas, and even in the cab ride to my new "home", I discovered that I have already, unknowingly, started to develop a little attachment to this crazy city, and I was feeling almost a comforting sense of familiarity passing by landmarks indicating that I was nearing my apartment. I had an epiphany, which I've experienced before during a visit home while studying in London, and that is that your life is what you make of it, wherever you are. So there you go, on to the creating!

Not much to report in the three days that I've been back. Except that my back has gone out, and my lip is swollen from getting hit in the mouth with an airborne cardboard box - and actually, I think it looks sexy! This is the same number in which I sprained my thumb three weeks ago. That's showbiz!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chasing Culture

Brooklyn In Da House