Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow...

So, we walked outside last night and it was SNOWING!! Not fat flakes or anything; it was a flurry of small, wet snow, but it was definitely snow, folks. In the desert. I just didn't know. It didn't last very long, or rather, we caught the very end of the snowfall. Our white Christmas came a little early this year.

In more bizarre news: I knew our world has changed when I took a moment to appreciate the fact that at nearly midnight, my fiance and I, having skipped dinner and starving, were selecting our supper in the FROZEN section of the 24 hour grocery store near the house. I even selected a Smokey Robinson Soul Bowl (red beans & rice). Thank Heavens TV dinners have become more sophisticated, and palatable I might add, than when I was a kid. Why my brother and I thought eating dinners caked in ice and shaped in little compartments was cool, I don't know - probably because it was a novelty that we didn't experience often (and when you're seven, lots of things are cool). At any rate, I gobbled up my Cheesy Rice and Chicken with Broccoli like there was no tomorrow. My compliments to the chef - Marie Callender. I figured since there is an actual Callender's restaurant in Vegas, the frozen food can't be that bad. Bon appetit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chasing Culture

Brooklyn In Da House