Parenthetically Speaking

Well folks, feels like I've completed strapping myself in for the rollercoaster ride that is "my year in Vegas," and we are now making the initial climb towards that first stomach-wrenching and simultaneously thrilling drop that will be the show. I have finished training the new performers; the director is in town and he spent all day yesterday working them out, evaluating where they are and how we did in training, and overall, I think it was a good day. He seemed genuinely pleased. I may actually be supervising the new performers in the mornings after he leaves, while the veteran performers are learning new material, which would give me afternoons to catch up. But I am a quick learner, so I'm not worried. Tomorrow, I begin learning NEW material! Back to square one (sort of).

The love of my life arrives tonight, and I am sure that it will really start to feel like a home once he gets here. Other familiar faces have arrived, and that adds a layer of comfort that I was missing. Nothing wrong with a little comfort in a new place. A few of us spent the day driving around (well, I was riding), running grocery errands and all that good, Real World stuff (I'm gonna call MTV). We all keep inadvertently calling the apartments "the hotel" because it still feels like that (and maybe it always will since they are furnished). Lots of parentheses in this entry (and I bet that's not even the correct plural spelling). Oh shoot, I did it again!

Not much else to report on this end today. Just getting ready for my love's arrival with a home-cooked meal (okay, I bought the chicken pre-cooked, sue me!), scented candles to remove the "new hotel room" smell, and some 'oldies but goodies' from my favorite girl groups playing on the iPod. It's a good night. Good night.

Comments

Aliscabob said…
Woo hoo! Booty call! Ahem...just kidding. I hope you and your significant other (who shall remain nameless) enjoy your time in Vegas. Please say "hi" for me.

Popular posts from this blog

Chasing Culture

Brooklyn In Da House